Sunday, February 27, 2011

Test Driving the 5D at the Rhode Island Spring Flower Show (Providence, RI)

Well, I've finally pulled the trigger on my camera upgrade. I'm the proud new owner of a Canon 5D Mark II camera body and I.love.this.thing. James, my daughter Zoe and I ventured out in the rain to get some quality photography time in before Zoe heads back to school tomorrow. Our first stop was Hunt's in Providence, RI to pick up my new camera. Joy!

RI Spring Flower Show

I'm letting Zoe use my Canon 20D with my 50mm 1.8 attached...a fairly inexpensive but workhorse combo for an 11 year old photographer. She got some great shots, I showed her aperture priority mode and told her to get in close! When she gets home tomorrow I'll upload some of her photos. She took it to the stables where she has riding lessons to photograph her horse this weekend. Gotta encourage the next generation, right? Art is important.


RI Spring Flower Show

Who knows? Maybe she'll retire me somewhere tropical some day!

Among the beautiful vignettes and garden displays we found Vendor We Love Greenlion Designs, with a beautiful centerpiece display.

RI Spring Flower Show

Check out the pear, love it! Kim does beautiful work and I encourage all my clients to check her out!

Anyway, the 5D...this baby and my new 50mm 1.4 (that's coming my way this week) are going to make some wedding magic this season! :)

RI Spring Flower Show

RI Spring Flower Show

RI Spring Flower Show

RI Spring Flower Show

More pics on flickr and more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, Doll?