Monday, September 20, 2010

Julie & John's Garden Engagement Session

Julie & John are tying the knot in style in historic Salem, Massachusetts next March and opted to do their engagement session in a beautiful garden created and kept by John's parents in Barrington, RI. The garden was beautiful and despite the humidity, it was a beautiful day!

Julie & John

Julie and John

James and I rushed from spot to spot in looking for the light while Julie and John patiently waited and John's parents looked on from the window. When we settled on a few places, we abadoned our bags in the grass (you'll see why this is funny later) and went snap-happy with our adorable couple laughing together.

Julie & John

About halfway through our session, I was holding a light boom-style for James and struggling to shuffle all the gear in my hands so I ran over to our backs to put my camera away and ran right back where I came from as our bags were absolutely swarmed in winged and unwinged ants. I'm not talking a dozen ants...I'm talking THOUSANDS of ants.

Luckily, only 50% of our staff are terrified of bugs and James went to work moving the crawling bags of horror over to the pavement in the hopes the tiny beasties would bail. Julie and John joined in moving backs while I squirmed and retched a safe twenty or thirty feet away.

We went on shooting and snapped some beautiful rim-lit and sunflare beauties at the end of our shoot. Julie and John were starting to wilt in the humidity at this point and I wanted to go home and take a shower in boiling hot, ant-murdering water.

Julie and John

Julie & John

Bug horror aside, we had a blast capturing Julie and John's smitten smiles and can't wait for March when we'll spend an evening at the Lyceum Restaurant in Salem, MA for their wedding! Till next time!

For more pics from this session click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, Doll?